PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Cells: Animal & Plant Cell Structure
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Mitosis: Cell Growth & Division
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Osmosis & Diffusion
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Protists: Pond Microlife
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Meiosis
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Photosynthesis & Respiration
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Chromosomes, Genes & DNA
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Genetics: The Study of Heredity
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Six Kingdoms of life
PREVIEW MULTIMEDIA LESSON – Food Chains & Food Webs
Single User Version
- W54-6200 - $179.95
Allows installation of the Multimedia Lessons on a single computer.
- W54-6400 - $299.95
Allows installation of the Multimedia Lessons on an unlimited number of computers within a single school building.
Mac and Win Compatible.
Developed in partnership with National Institutes of Health (NIH) and thoroughly researched and extensively tested in the classroom to ensure the maximum positive impact on student comprehension, NewPath’s Multimedia Lessons offer a proven method for ensuring student success!
For additional information on the NIH Research Study: “Impact to Using NewPath’s Science Multimedia Lessons on Student Learning”
Perfect for individual student instruction on any computer and for classroom presentation on any Interactive Whiteboard, each title contains a comprehensive array of multimedia lessons and activities along with an inquiry-based Student Activity Guide –
- Lesson Presentation – Consists of a series of narrated, visual presentations – each featuring highly-detailed graphics and illuminating animations.
- Interactive Activities – Includes a variety of interactive whiteboard resources, a virtual lab investigation and a Lab Activity Guide.
- Visual Resources – Provides additional images as well as the individual graphics from the Lesson Presentation module.
- Vocabulary – Features an illustrated view of key vocabulary, allowing you to choose any of the terms along with their corresponding images and definitions.
- Assessment – Consists of a series of assessment/review questions for use in either a Quiz Mode, Practice Mode or Play Mode.
The Complete Life Science/Biology Set includes the following 10 lessons:
1. Cells: Animal & Plant Cell Structure
• Animal Cell Structure
• Plant Cell Structure
• Organization of Cells
• Specialized Cells
Virtual Lab Investigation: Comparing Plant & Animals Cells
2. Mitosis: Cell Growth & Division
• The Cell Cycle
• Animal Cell Mitosis
• Plant Cell Mitosis
Virtual Lab Investigation: Comparing Mitosis in Plant & Animal Cells
3. Osmosis & Diffusion: Cell Transport
• Cell transport
• Passive & Active Transport
Virtual Lab Investigation: Viewing Osmosis in Action
4. Protists: Pond Microlife
• What is a Protist?
• Plant-like Protists: Euglena, Volvox & Spirogyra
• Animal-like Protists: Amoeba & Paramecium
• Fungi-like Protists: Slime Molds
Virtual Lab Investigation: Comparing Algae and Protozoa
• Sexual Reproduction
• Sex Cells
• Meiosis I
• Meiosis II
Virtual Lab Investigation: Observing Meiosis in Plants & Animals
6. Photosynthesis & Respiration
• Cell Energy
• Leaf Structure & Function
• Process of Photosynthesis
• Cellular Respiration
• Connection between Photosynthesis & Respiration
Virtual Lab Investigation: Testing the Effects of Light on Photosynthesis
7. Chromosomes, Genes & DNA
• What is DNA?
• Copying DNA
• Making proteins
Virtual Lab Investigation: Building DNA
8. Genetics: The Study of Heredity
• How Traits are Inherited
• Mendel’s Experiments
• Dominant & Recessive Factors
• Using a Punnett Square
• Phenotypes & Genotypes
Virtual Lab Investigation: Probability and Heredity
9. Six Kingdoms of Life
• Levels of classification
• The two kingdoms of bacteria
• Protist Kingdom
• Plant Kingdom
• Fungi Kingdom
• Animal Kingdom
Virtual Lab Investigation: Classifying Organisms
10. Food Chains & Food webs
• Energy Flow
• Food Chains
• Food Webs
• Energy Pyramid
Virtual Lab Investigation: Constructing an Owl Food Web